A lot of people on the internet today or those using the Facebook platform don’t know how to go live on Facebook. Going live on Facebook is a really good way to increase interaction with your friends on the Facebook platform. There are a whole lot of things that you can do just by going live on Facebook. If you have been on the Facebook platform long enough, you would know that video streaming has become really popular on this platform. This is even to the extent that Facebook created a whole section just to streams gaming videos and a separate section for Facebook videos.
Recommended for You >>> Facebook Messenger Application – Download Messenger App(Opens in a new browser tab)
What is Facebook Live
Facebook Live is a new feature on the Facebook platform that allows people to stream videos live. This feature employs the camera on your computer or mobile device to broadcast real-time videos to Facebook. The live broadcasters on Facebook can decide who sees their videos and use this medium to engage their audiences. Facebook live videos are usually done on important occasions or moments. It can also be done to show a live event throughout the social media platform. A lot of marketers n the Facebook platform are very excited about the launch of this video. You might be wondering why the marketers are happy, well it’s because they now have a fun and simple way to build brand stories, build authentic relationships and even interact with fans and followers in their day to day lives.
How to Go Live on Facebook
If you know about the Facebook live videos and you want to go live on Facebook, then this section is for you. Follow the steps below to go live on Facebook.
- Download and install the Facebook application on your device.
- Launch the Facebook application on your device.
- Log in to the Facebook app using your Facebook account login details.
- After logging in, you would be directed to the newsfeed of your Facebook account on your Facebook application.
- Just below the text field saying “What’s on your mind?” you should see a video icon with “Live” written beside it. That is the icon you want to click on.
- After clicking on it, give Facebook access to record video and audio.
- On the new page that you would be redirected to, click the “Start Live Video” button. It is blue in color and located just above the filters.
That’s how to start your live video on Facebook.
How to go Live on Facebook Groups
Going live on Facebook can be more fun when on Facebook groups. If you think you don’t have enough friends or viewers that would watch your live videos, you can go make your video on Facebook groups. The steps to making live videos on a Facebook group is very easy. Follow the steps below to do so.
- Open the Facebook application on your device.
- Log in to the Facebook application using your Facebook account login details.
- After logging in, you would be directed to the newsfeed on your Facebook account.
- Now, go to the menu on the Facebook app.
- Select “Groups” from the Facebook menu.
- The list of Facebook groups you’ve joined would now be displayed to you. Select the group you want to do the live video on.
- On the Facebook group, just below the text field that says “Write something…” you should see a video icon with the text “Live” beside it.
- If you see it, that is the button you should click on.
After clicking, click on “Start Live Video”. You can also decide where to share the live video too. It could be either your timeline or story.
How to go Live on Facebook Page
Facebook live videos can also be done as a Facebook page. Making live videos can only be done as a Facebook page if only you are the admin of the page. Follow the steps below to make Facebook live videos as a page.
- Open the Facebook page you want to go live on as the admin.
- Just below the cover image, you should see a video icon with “Live” written beside it too. Click on it.
- Select the method you want to use for streaming.
- Give Facebook permission to record video and audio.
- Click “Done”.
Your live video should be started already.