What is Facebook care reaction? Facebook first introduced its ability to add reactions to Facebook posts in 2016. This allows users to express their likes, love, laughter, sadness, or even anger on a post. Just recently in this COVID-19 pandemic, Facebook released a new reaction called the Facebook care reaction. The Facebook care reaction is also called the Facebook hug reaction by some people. The reason for this is that the reaction shows a face emoji hugging a heart. This was done to bring more positivity and support during the pandemic period. They believe that it helps users to help express themselves a bit more.
Facebook Care Reaction
Not everyone knows this but Facebook launched two different care reactions. One was for Facebook itself and the other was for Facebook messenger. While the Facebook care reaction on Facebook shows an emoji hugging a heart, the one for Facebook messenger is a purple beating heart. These reactions are very easy to use on either platform. These reactions allow you to show a little bit of more love and support to others. The Facebook hug reaction was a consistent idea of one of the emotions or feelings missing from the Facebook platform.
How to Use the Facebook Care Reaction
This reaction can easily be used by anyone who knows how to access it. This reaction could even make Facebook a less hostile place for comments. Like I said before, Facebook launched two avatars (one for Facebook and the other for Facebook messenger). Accessing them is pretty simple and I would be showing you both steps later on in this article. I am pretty sure that this reaction has been rolled out to everyone already and most of your friends are already making use of it. Personally, when I see some posts on Facebook, I just feel like hugging them and the Facebook care reaction has made it possible.
How to Get the Care Reaction on Facebook
You should recognize the fact that the care reaction is the same as the hug reaction. Follow the steps below to use this reaction on Facebook posts.
- Open the Facebook application or website on your device.
- Log in to Facebook using your account details.
- Find a post that you would want to use the care reaction on. The quickest place to find a post you would want to use this reaction for is your newsfeed.
- Just below the post you want to use the care reaction for, hold the thumbs up icon or button. A new set of reactions should appear, find the care reaction, and click on it.
After clicking, you would use the care reaction for that particular Facebook post. As you can see, it is not difficult to use the care reaction on Facebook posts. Note that the care reaction is a smiley emoji hugging a heart or with a heart in front (if you don’t have animations).
How to Get the Care Reaction on Facebook Messenger
Like I have said before, Facebook launched two different care reactions. The one for Facebook messenger is going to be quite different from the one for Facebook. If you have seen the care reaction on Facebook before, then it is time to see the one for Facebook messenger. Follow the steps below to see the Facebook care reaction on messenger.
- First of all, this reaction can only be used in messenger conversations. It could be a group or a conversation between your friend.
- Find the message you want to react to using the care reaction.
- When you find the message, you want to react to, hold it till the reactions pop out.
- On the list of reactions, click on the pink and purple heart.
Note that that heart is the care reaction for Facebook messenger. This reaction would be the first reaction on your reactions list.